National Conference of Community Radio; Community Radio for Promoting Equality and Good Governance
Approximately 350 participants from all of the community radio stations are expected to participated in the conference. The participants will either chair person or station manager of the community radios from entire the country. Similarly, policy makers, representatives of CSO networks, local government representatives, academics, development partners, and other concerned stakeholders from media and community media sector will also participate in the conference. The national conference will organize for three days. For the initial two days’ different thematic conference, interaction and workshop will be held and the last day is allocated for the general assembly of ACORAB to discuss different issues and problem and to pave the way for sustaining community radios and community radio movement in Nepal.
The proposed format of each of the workshop and interaction is key note speech, presentation and plenary presentation followed by questions, suggestions and feedback. Similarly, there will be exhibition of different social and knowledge product, innovation and achievements on different campaign, movement and project. different stall will be placed on different.
In addition to the main theme, the following themes (but not limited) are included for the discussion.
- Federal structure, Community radio Policy and partnership
- World Radio Day: Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace
- Community Radio, Opportunity, Challenges, Road Forward
- Community Radios against traditional Harmful Practice and culture (Child Marriage and other harmful practices)
- Coordination and Collaboration between Community Radios and Community Based Organizations
- Sustainability of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services in Nepal: Issues, challenges, way forward and role of media.
- Localization of Sustainable Development Goals
- Community radio for Women, Indigenous and Marginalized people
- Increased inequality in Nepal and role of Community Radio
- Youth Entrepreneurship and Role of community