VI International Winter School of Journalism and Communication #WorldRadioDay #WSJC2019
Since 2014, the Faculty of Journalism of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, with the support of the UNESCO Cluster Office of Almaty, has been holding the International Winter School of Journalism and Communication, which has become media dialogue platform between students and practicing journalists.
This year the theme of the World Radio Day announced by UNESCO is Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace with subthemes:
- Promoting Dialogue and Participation - Broadcasts that provide a platform for dialogue and democratic debate over issues, such as migration or violence against women, can help to raise awareness among listeners and inspire understanding for new perspectives in paving the way for positive action.
- Uniting Under Common Concerns - Radio programming can also build tolerance and surpass the differences separating groups by uniting them under common goals and causes, like ensuring education for one’s children or addressing local health concerns.
The participation of lecturers, journalists, scientists, teachers and students of France, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Karakalpakstan and Kazakhstan is expected to take part in the Winter School.
- UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty;
- United Nations Department of Public Information in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Institute of Sustainable Development named after Ban Ki-moon;
- UN Model New Silk Road;
- Almaty, «Nur Otan» party Nauryzbai district branch;
- Altai State University, Russia;
- Publishing House "Kazakh University".
Information support: RTRK "Kazakhstan", Skills Academy LLP, Platform of independent authors Bugin.kz, Youth portal Massaget.kz, “Planet Radio” of Altai State University, TRK Al-Farabi KazNU.
Organizer: Humanitarian Research Center "Mediasphere" Al-Farabi KazNU.
Venue: the educational and recreational complex "Tau-Turan", located in the Ile-Alatau State National Park of the Almaty region.
Contacts: Scientific Center for Humanities Research "Media sphere" Department of Press and Electronic Media, Faculty of Journalism, Al Farabi KazNU.
+77372211492, mob: +77073777049 e-mail: email@example.com