Fifth Outreach International Radio Fair
Fifth Outreach International Radio Fair (OIRF 2019) is to be organized by philanthropic organization Outreach, on the occasion of World Radio Day. This is one of the biggest Radio get together of the world. It will be held on 13th & 14th February 2019 at Bhanja Kala Mandap, Bhubaneswar. The objective of the event is celebrating radio. Outreach is trying to make public understand the importance of Radio, by entertaining and educating them.
Objective of the Event:
- Celebrating Radio and World Radio Day.
- Increasing Radio listenership.
- Sensitizing broadcasters on importance of radio for public service.
- Encouraging youngsters to choose radio as career.
- Promotion and Exchange of Culture.
- Providing assistance to Community radio enthusiasts.
Who are joining the event?
- Radio listeners from different countries of Asia.
- Working Radio Jockeys, Broadcasters and technicians from different stations of Asia.
- Union & State Ministers, Government officials, station owners, stake holders, radio associations.
- Union ministers and senior officials from Bangladesh.
- Radio Stations from different parts of India and abroad.
- Artists from different regions to perform art, music and dance.
- Broadcasting equipment manufacturers.
- Radio Set manufacturers.
- Ham radio operators from different states.
The exhibition will include old and new radio sets, old and new radio equipments, DRM, auxiliary studio, sand art on World Radio Day theme, Philately on radio, radio repairing shop, new radio shop, handmade radio shop and selfie zone. Simultaneously, there will be meetings, seminars and cultural programs. Audience can see popular radio stars performing popular radio contents on stage. Selected radio star presenters from different radio channels of India will host the cultural programs.
Radio set manufacturers will join the exhibition. From their stalls visitors can purchase radio sets. Outreach has organised 'selfie with my radio' contest. 100 lucky winners will be given radios on the occasion.
300 artists from different parts of the country will join the fair. They will perform art, music, dance and drama. This will help in exchange of culture.
Public service broadcast, private commercial radio stations, community radio stations & online radio stations will participate in the exhibition. 6 broadcasters/organisations will be awarded for excellence in broadcasting with 'Outreach National Radio Award 2018'.
There will be contests for school, college & university students. Radio stations will broadcast live from the event ground. Event will go live on social media. Local television channels, news papers and web media will cover the event, as previous years.