Civil Society, Non-Government Organisations & Educators
In this section, you will find case studies, resources and ideas to help you celebrate World Radio Day around the theme of Radio is You. You may be a civil society organisation who works in the radio sector, like our partners at Lifeline Energy or Farm Radio, or you may be a non-government organisation that wishes to work with a local radio station to celebrate the day.
Join the hundreds of non-government organsations and schools worldwide celebrating an event on or around World Radio Day.
- Register for World Radio Day here.
- Once you create your account, you will able to upload your organisation's event and logo to be part of our map of activities. Your community or school will see your pin on our webpage and can attend your event or listen to your special broadcast. All organisations that make an event will receive a UNESCO certificate of participation for their offices. Examples of events include:
- Open Day – partner with a radio station and invite the public to the station to encourage them to participate in your programming ideas.
- Radio Fair – Did you know that last year, the city of Bhubaneswar in India, organised a fair that brought together different radio stations, UNESCO partners and local non-government organisations? A great way to encourage the theme that “Radio is You”.
- Radio Forum - With your NGO members, government officials, UNESCO or industry representatives, hold a forum with a local radio station partner on the issues affecting your community. Record it and broadcast on World Radio Day.
- Schools - UNESCO has put together lesson plans below with our partner, School Radio, for educators to celebrate World Radio Day with your students, from K-12 and beyond.
- Radio Drama
- Creating jingles
- Radio and Maths
- Radio and English
- And more!